Daimler AG invites applications from innovators around the world for the Mercedes Benz In-Car Gaming Challenge 2019. Participants need to submit creative ideas or concepts to shape the future of in-car gaming. The challenge is open to everyone above the age of 18 – whether it is a student, a gamer, designer, or developer – and participants can apply as individuals, in teams of up to 5 members, and even Startups.
There are three open categories in the challenge. Participants can choose any of the three to submit their ideas or concepts:
- Passenger Car – Create the perfect in-car gaming experience in a Mercedes-Benz vehicle.
- Bus – Develop a gaming concept for bus-passengers to allow total immersion while being on a journey.
- Mobile App – Develop a concept of a gaming app in the context of driving one of the Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
Who is offering this scholarship?
The challenge is organized by Daimler AG, one of the world’s most successful automotive companies.
- There is no limitation of participants for the event.
- Any person who wants to participate has to be 18 years of age or older.
- Students, recently graduated students, gamers, developers, designers, as well as Startups are allowed to register for participation.
- Participants can register individually or in groups.
- The size of an innovator’s group is limited to 5 participants each.
- There is no limitation of participants at Startups, however, at the final event, no group is allowed to bring more than 5 people.
What are the benefits?
- 1st Prize: EUR 5000 + Tickets for ESL Tournament*
- 2nd Prize: EUR 3000 + Tickets for ESL Tournament*
- 3rd Prize: EUR 2000 + Tickets for ESL Tournament*
- Participants entering the mentoring and final stage of the challenge will also get their travel expenses reimbursed up to a maximum amount per person
How can you apply?
To register for the challenge, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Go to the challenge homepage.
Step 2: Click on ‘Participate’.
Step 3: Fill in the requested details to create your profile.
Step 4: Submit your ideas/concepts before the application deadline.
What are the important dates?
- Launch Date: March 22
- Ideation Phase: March 22 – May 16
- Voting Phase: May 17 – June 2
- Finalists Announcement: June 3
- Mentoring Phase: June 4 – June 25
- Final Event: June 26