- Location: Bengaluru(Karnataka)
- Position: Program Manager – (full time, 6 months’ probation period)
- Location: Bangalore
- Reports to: Senior Program Manager
- Starting date: Immediately
About SELCO Foundation
SELCO Foundation is an open source, not for profit organisation that engages in field-based R&D and ecosystem building for deployment of clean energy solutions that alleviate poverty in under-served areas. The organisation works in collaboration with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs, NGOs from various developmental sectors and educational institutions to link the benefits of sustainable energy for poverty eradication. More than 500 million people in India live without access to reliable energy. It has been proven time and again that Sustainable Energy can be the catalyst for many of the poor and underserved communities to push them out of poverty by giving them tools for better education, access to cleaner fuels, better opportunities of livelihoods, improved health conditions etc.
SELCO foundation is working on a cluster based intervention program to improve community & household well-being by undertaking multiple energy interventions across sectors like health, education, livelihoods, skills or housing in a closed geographical area. The program rationale is to identify and develop unique social, financial & technological processes and innovations emerging in the community where interventions are done. The interventions are to be designed based on contextual needs and priorities of the community. At present, more than 20 sites have been identified for implementation across Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Odisha and North East. They are in various stages of planning and implementation.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Developing plans for interventions with inputs and suggestions from field operations team, verticals, geography team and incubate-es.
- Carrying out community engagements, need assessments and stakeholder mapping in coordination with operations team and incubate-es.
- Executing the planned interventions in phased manner taking into account the resources available.
- Scouting for new site areas for interventions in consultation with partners and geography teams.
- Identification, engagement and partnership with stakeholders like financial institutions, NGOs, skill centres and local institutions.
- Regular follow ups, tracking of budgets and update on the progress of the programs and providing inputs for budgeting and reporting.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in the development sector, with implementation and planning of grassroot programs.
- An understanding of and desire to work proactively to promote sustainable energy access
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong coordination and teamwork skills
- Willing to spend time on the field and travel
- Interest and ability to engage with different stakeholders on ground
- Graduation or post-graduation in social work, development studies or related fields is preferred
How to apply
Remuneration: Depends on qualification and experience.
Apply now – Send in your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Application for the post of Program Manager”.