Applications are now invited for the Fully Funded Summer School 2019 at KAUST, Saudi Arabia. The summer school in Saudi Arabia will be held from August 25 to September 7, 2019. The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology will host eligible international BS/BSc(3rd year or 4th year) and MS students Or those who have completed BSc/BS for an Applied Mathematics workshop.
In KAUST Applied Mathematics Summer School, you will be exposed to several aspects of Applied Mathematics, including homogenisation, numeric for partial differential equations and mean field games. You will also improve on a range of Scientific Research Skills used in this academic sphere. The course includes lectures and lab work and students on the program will attempt to produce a collaborative research paper.
The KAUST Summer School is a fully funded Summer Internship program. All the cost of the selected candidates will be covered by the KAUST. The Summer School Scholarship will cover workshop stipend, Round-trip airfare, health insurance, accommodation, visa fees, social and cultural activities.
The University’s award-winning campus has everything you need to live, work, study and play. Designed to inspire and motivate our faculty, students and staff, and their families to maintain an active lifestyle, KAUST is more than a University. With state-of-the-art fitness facilities, a golf course, numerous fine dining, and casual fare restaurants, an Elementary and a Secondary schools and the Red Sea just steps away, there is something for everyone.
FULLY FUNDED SUMMER SCHOOL 2019 DETAILS:
- Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
SUMMER SCHOOL DURATION:
- 15 Days
SUMMER SCHOOL DATES:
- August 25 – September 8, 2019
SUMMER SCHOOL BENEFITS:
In addition to this world-class, state-of-the-science & engineering experience KAUST provide the following benefits:
- Workshop Stipend ( $500USD )
- Round-trip airfare to/from city of departure-Jeddah (KAUST)
- Health insurance
- Private bedroom and bath in a shared residential suite
- Visa fees (Students must have a valid passport)
- Access to community recreational resources
- Social and cultural activities
- The 2019 Applied Mathematics Workshop is an opportunity for exceptionally qualified international baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate students to conduct research with faculty mentors.
- Students who have completed a minimum of their 3rd-year of baccalaureate studies OR completed their baccalaureate (Bachelor’s degree) OR be pursuing a post-baccalaureate (Master’s degree).
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) that exceeds 3.50 /4.00 (14/20: Equivalent to ECTS B).
- Demonstrated English reading comprehension, speaking, listening and writing abilities. Recommended levels, TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT or 6.0 on the IELTS.
Note: Enrolled KAUST students, KAUST Alumni, students who are currently in a Ph.D. program or those who have earned a Ph.D. are not eligible to participate.
- An official academic transcript(s) or a certified translation if the original transcript(s) is not in English from current and previous institutions.
- Personal Statement of Intent.
- Letter of recommendation from a current or previous faculty advisor.
- A valid passport (with six months validity).
HOW TO APPLY FOR FULLY FUNDED SUMMER SCHOOL 2019?
- Click the “Apply Now” link below.
- Create an Account.
- Log into your account.
- Upload the required documents and then click Submit.
- The last date to apply for a Fully Funded Summer School 2019 at KAUST is June 15, 2019.