Vidyadhan Scholarship Program from Sarojini Damodaran Foundation supports the college education of meritorious students from economically challenged families. The students are selected after completion of 10th grade /SSLC through a rigorous selection process including test and interview. Currently, Vidyadhan program has around 2800 students across the following states: Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, and Telangana.
Those selected will be eligible for a two-year scholarship from the Foundation. If they continue to do well, they will be given scholarship for pursuing any degree course of their interest; these scholarships are directly through the foundation or external sponsors who have registered with the Foundation. The scholarship amount for graduation courses varies from Rs 10,000 to Rs 60,000 per year depending on the state, course, duration, etc. The selected students will be required to attend the mentoring programs from the Foundation.
Who Can Apply?
Students whose family annual income is less than Rs. 2 Lakhs and who have completed their 10th grade/SSC exam in the year 2019 from Tthe following states.
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu and Puducherry
They should also have scored 90% or obtained 9 CGPA in their 10th Grade/SSC examination. The cutoff mark for students with disability is 75%.
There are different dates for different states so please visit the official website.
The deadlines are as follows:
- Andhra Pradesh: June 30
- Goa: June 15(over)
- Gujarat: July 15
- Karnataka: June 15(over)
- Kerala: June 7(over)
- Tamil Nadu and Puducherry: July 21
- Telangana: June 30
SDF will shortlist the applicants based on the academic performance and the information provided in the application form. The shortlisted candidates will be invited for test/interview. Exact locations for the test and interview will be informed to the shortlisted students individually. SDF will reimburse the out of district travel expense of the student and a parent for eligible cases.
- Scanned copies of the following are required
- 10th Marksheet (If original mark sheet is not available, you can upload provisional /online mark sheet from the SSLC/CBSE/ICSC website)
- Income Certificate (from a competent authority; ration card not accepted.)
More details – Official site
Apply now – click here
Important Contacts :
- Andhra Pradesh: [email protected] or call Umasankar, Phone: + 91 8367751309.
- Goa: [email protected] or call Vishwanatha K S, Phone: 7349354415.
- Gujarat: [email protected] or call Bhuvaneshwari Shurpali, Phone: 9611805868.
- Karnataka: [email protected] or call Vishwanatha K S, Phone: 8296010803.
- Kerala: [email protected] or call B Radhakrishnan: 9446469046
- Tamil Nadu and Puducherry: [email protected] or call Jacob Sukumar R, Phone: 7339659929.
- Telangana: [email protected] or call Lakshmi Tejaswini K, Phone: 6300391827